Visit the House
|The kitchen at 25 Tinakori Road. Photographer: Brett Robertson|
25 Tinakori Road, Thorndon, Wellington, New Zealand
How to get there
The House is a 10 minute walk from Parliament Buildings or Old St Pauls.
No 14 Wilton stops nearby in Park Street
John's Hop On Hop Off City Tour
Open: Six days a week 10.00am - 4.00pm
Closed: Mondays, Christmas Day and Good Friday (and for private functions)
Admission: free to KMB Society members
$5.00 Seniors and Students
- Translations of House information (Japanese, Chinese, Korean, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese)
- Self tours available
- Tour bus stop in Hobson street
- Tea and coffee available - period teas for groups by arrangement
- Gift shop with full range of publications
See these at the House
- ‘A Portrait of Katherine Mansfield. A Woman and a Writer’ (c. 50 mins).
- ‘The Doll’s House’ (20 mins)
- ‘A Picture of Katherine Mansfield’. BBC 1976. Six part series. (special booking required)
Permanent and changing exhibitions include:
- 'The Remembered Places' Katherine Mansfield's Thorndon 1888 - 1908.
- ‘A Sense of Living’ period photographs with excerpts from Mansfield’s writings.
- 'The Doll's House'
- ‘Victorian Christmas’. (December)
Enjoy the heritage garden, replanted to the 1880 - 1900 period with flowers and plants available in Wellington at the time.
A unique and special venue for weddings, garden parties, birthdays, book launches, book groups. Contact the House for more information.